Windows Phone project not recognizing DLLs

I ran into a problem in which the Windows Phone project was not recognizing the DLLs that were “technically” added in the .NET for Windows Phone reference.

The problem is that you have to manually add those references using nuget, otherwise it won’t work. In my case the DLLs (at the moment of this writing) were System.Net.Http, Azure Mobile Services and System.Windows.Interactivity.

To solve it:

  1. Just right click your project/references node and select Manage nuget references, as you’d do normally
  2. Add your DLL
  3. Be happy, it’s working now 🙂

This is a weird problem at least I didn’t expect, because if you check the .NET for Windows Phone reference you’d see those DLLs there.




No Comments


You can leave the first : )



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *